I'm sleepless. I just offended another person. See previous post. Anyway. Sunday night is always a struggle because i say that i will sleep early, and then i remember that i'll be working the night shift the next day.
I've been staring at my room's ceiling for a few minutes, just after almost doing something i promised not to do anymore, when i had an idea. With all this transformation stuff that i'm going through, i thought it would be neat to make a list. Instead of the usual "things i would do" list, i will be listing down things i should not do for 365 days.
I will create a list today, mark it August 13, 2012 and next year, i should be assured that i did not do these things. As the year passes by, if i thought of anything else, then i will add it to the list, and mark it with the day of its addition.
If i fail to keep my promise, under any circumstance, i will (thinking of good punishment). However, if i end up following my list, i get to (thinking of a reward). This entry will always be a work in progress. This shall serve as my un-bucket list.
1. I will not smoke. Real or electronic. -August 13, 2012
2. I will not drink beer or vodka. Or any other liquor. Soda is acceptable only when there is no other choice, but water is more preferred. -August 13, 2012
3. I will not overspend. If by next year, i don't have savings in the 6-digit range, i will give 10% of what i have in the bank to church. -August 13, 2012
4. I will not have sex with anybody other than my partner. Will not get drunk anyway so that's no excuse. If i was promised a relationship but ended up being left after sex, then this means i was foolish again. No excuses. (Confirm church's beliefs on LGBT issues.) -May 27, 2012 (this has been a running item for the past few months)
5. I will not cheat on my partner, when i have one. A public apology is warranted if i broke this rule. -date of first day in a committed relationship
6. I will not run after men who are taken. If i did, i will apologize to the sugnifant other if my paramour. -August 13, 2012
7. I will not miss one Sunday at church except for family affairs, for they take a whole day. Or catastrophes. -August 13, 2012
8. I will not let one month pass without talking to/chatting with/texting my parents. No excuses. There's iMessage, Viber, Magic Jack and FB! -August 13, 2012
9. I will not let the year pass by without visiting at least 2 provinces except for Bulacan, Marikina or Galera. Be reminded of savings challenge. -August 13, 2012
List stops here. I will write this on a piece of paper, sign it and let people co-sign as witnesses.
Why am i doing this? They say it takes doing an act 21 times to become a habit. I have spent recent years getting wasted. I guess it's time to start fresh again. Let the challenges begin!